Write for TheNederland!
At TheNederland we’re always looking for new, enthusiastic, contributors to add to our team. If you know anything about the Netherlands, the Dutch, and our ways, and have any writing ambitions at all, then we might just be able to offer the perfect platform to help you realize your ambitions!
What does TheNederland have to offer?
- A fixed platform to write articles for the fastest growing online audience of over 110.000 fans, reaching over 3.000.000 people per month, growing with at least 15.000 new fans per month!
- Feedback, assistance and help from TheNederland’s team of professional writers and staff.
- Endorsements, references and recommendations of any kind, on LinkedIn for example, from TheNederland’s team.
- An additional entry on your resume; we teach you how to write SEO approved articles, and how to work with WordPress.
- An additional entry in your international portfolio and an endorsement of your journalistic/writing profile whilst also expanding your network.
- All of TheNederland’s positions are on a voluntary basis.
- By joining us, you’re part of an exciting and ambitious project with lots of fun involved as well!
What do you have to offer?
Not just anyone can write for TheNederland, here are some skills you should bring to the table:
- Write English at a native, or fluent, level. There are no exceptions possible.
- Have excellent writing skills, be consequent in your spelling and grammar, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Social media skills; to write for TheNederland means you’re an ambassador for TheNederland on social media networks.
- You stick to the facts and have a great sense of humor.
- You’re able to contribute at least one article per month, but we encourage our team to provide content on a more regular basis.
What topics are we looking to cover?
- Relocation and immigration, student visas, culture, food, news, travel information, and anything related to the Netherlands.
- City correspondents: covering life, events and culture in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Groningen, Leiden, The Hague or any other nice Dutch city or village. (Bloggers, sign up!)
- Politics: covering Dutch politics and Netherlands related foreign affairs.
- Art and popular culture.
- Dutch startups, techs and innovation.
- Typical Dutch topics, such as: cycling and cheese.
- We’re also looking for people who are into graphic design, would like to help manage our Facebook community, or would like to be of assistance in any other way!
You've got my attention, now what?
E-mail us with a short personal introduction and a draft of an article, with the following requirements;
- At least 500 words long.
- An attention grabbing title.
- At least 2 or 3 keywords in the text.
- A joke is a pre.
- Images are a pre.
You can e-mail us the article at email@example.com.